NEW YORK, January 5, 2022 – Magid’s Mike Bloxham and Bill Hague will be joining the ITVT’s TVOT LIVE! New Year 2022 event, a four-day virtual conference taking place January 10-13. The conference brings together around 200 media and entertainment industry experts and innovators, to share their respective visions for television’s future.
What Would You Do If You Ran___?
Wednesday, January 12 – 8:40AM-9:20AM EST
We have all been frustrated with the moves made by content providers, distributors, and streamers, making us wonder “What were they thinking?” It’s time to take the gloves off and ask ourselves, “What would you do if you ran ___?”
A panel of media industry experts share their outlook and insights about some of the leading companies in our industry: Netflix, AT&T, Warner Bros. Discovery, Amazon, Disney+, Peacock, Paramount+ and more.
- Mike Bloxham, EVP, Global Media & Entertainment, Magid
- Alan Wolk, Co-Founder and Lead Analyst, TV[R]EV
- Colin Dixon, Chief Analyst, nScreenMedia
- Rick Howe, The iTV Doctor (Moderator)
- Sherry Brennan, EVP and General Manager, Whip Media
It’s Advertising, but Not As We Know It: Innovating Ad Formats for Modern Audiences and Tech
Wednesday, January 12 – 10:05-10:50AM EST
Over the last few years, the drumbeat of innovation in the TV ad space has beat louder than ever. Whether seeking to enhance the consumer experience of advertising in linear or developing completely new inventory and formats in the streaming space, networks, platforms, agencies, and brands alike have sought to innovate in pursuit of better results, stronger engagement, and incremental revenues.
This panel brings together practitioners from across the landscape to discuss how they are working to leverage technology, consumer-centricity, and creativity to create compelling experiences beyond the confines of the 30-second spot that engage viewers while delivering results for brands. Panelists include:
- Mike Bloxham, EVP of Global Media & Entertainment, Magid (Moderator)
- Josh Feldman, Global CMO, NBCUniversal Advertising Sales and Partnerships
- Adam Gerber, Executive Director of US Investment Strategy, GroupM
- Rick Mandler, VP of Growth Strategy, Comcast Advertising
- Nathalie Bordes, EVP of Measurement for Marketers, ANA
NEXTGEN TV Service and Receiver Adoption
Wednesday, January 12 – 12:10-12:50PM EST
Local broadcasters are rapidly rolling out NEXTGEN TV, the new broadcast technology that combines OTA with broadband, and that offers consumers an enhanced viewing experience, including audio capabilities not available anywhere else.
This session will explore how broadcasters and device manufacturers are collaborating to facilitate consumer adoption of NEXTGEN TV, assess what we can expect in the NEXTGEN TV receiver market in 2022, and examine how consumers are reacting to the new NEXTGEN TV devices and the enhanced OTA services they enable. Panelists include:
- Bill Hague, EVP, Magid (Moderator)
- Bonnie Barclay, President, The Branding Iron
- Nick Colsey, VP of Business Development, Sony
- Tim Carroll, Senior Director of Sound Technology, Dolby Laboratories
- Adam Ware, VP of Growth Networks and Content, Sinclair Broadcast Group
Register for the event here.