- Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You use the Service, contact or interact with us, sign up for our e-newsletters or other mailing lists, share information through social media, participate in a focus group or survey, and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Service.
When You submit a contact request form through the Service, You provide information to Magid including Your name, email address, company name.
When registering to receive the Magid I-Facts newsletter, we collect Your name, email address, company name, and preferred newsletter format.
When You participate in a focus group or survey, Magid may collect contact and demographic information including Your name, email address, address, age, gender, marital status, household information, and other information requested in connection with the focus group or survey.
When You access and use the Service, we automatically collect information regarding You and Your device, including Your device’s internet protocol address, the domain name of Your internet service provider, Your location, Your mobile device information (e.g. device model and operating system version), Your page visits, Your social sharing activity, and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies, Local Storage and Other Tracking Technologies sections below.
- How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which You provided it;
• To provide services to You;
• To provide user verification services;
• To connect with Your social media accounts and post content You choose to share;
• To process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
• To send You information about Your relationship or transactions with us;
• To develop new products and services;
• To personalize and enhance Your experience using the Service;
• To send periodic emails. The email address You provide may be used to send You information and updates pertaining to Your account, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, the Newsletter, etc. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
• To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
• To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
• To prevent fraud and abuse of the Service and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
• To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas;
• To administer, operate and improve the Service and for internal business purposes; and
- How Information is Disclosed
- Third Party Service Providers and Business Partners.
- Business Changes.
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
- Clients and Affiliates.
- Investigations and Law.
We may disclose information about You to third parties if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
Respond to claims and legal process (for example subpoenas); and/or
Protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated Information.
We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal data about any user.
We may also participate in certain Google Advertiser features including Demographics and Interest Reporting, Remarketing, and Google Display Network Impression Reporting. These features use third party cookies and other tracking mechanisms and allow us to market our products to You through advertisements on other websites. You can opt out of these Google features by downloading and installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
Google Analytics may track You over time and across websites or applications.
- Cookies, Local Storage, and Other Tracking Technologies
Pardot tracks visitor and prospect activities by setting cookies on browsers. Cookies are set to remember preferences (like form field values). Pardot sets first-party cookies for tracking purposes, and sets third-party cookies for redundancy. Pardot cookies don’t store personally identifying information, only a unique identifier. If You provide Your email address to Magid, Pardot keeps all of that trackable visitor data and appends it to an identifiable record and continues monitoring activities moving forward. Pardot will not track visitor behavior if cookies are disabled.
You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Service.
- Adjusting cookie settings on Your browser. By default, most browsers will automatically accept cookies. However, You can disable cookies completely, or be prompted prior to a cookie being loaded, by adjusting Your browser’s settings. Consult each individual browser’s “help” feature for more information.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small graphic images or other programming code (also known as “web bugs,” “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) used to keep track of Your navigation through the Service and Your electronic communication with us. We may include web beacons in our web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be invisible to You, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or email can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. Web beacons may be used to collect certain personal data (for example, the email address associated with an email message).
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about Your interactions with the Service, such as information about the links on which You click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto Your device from our web server or a third-party service provider. The code is active only while You are connected to the Service and is deactivated or deleted once You disconnect from the Service.
- Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Data (For Users in EEA/U.K.)
Performance of a Contract
The use of Your personal data may be necessary to perform the agreement You have with Us to provide or participate in focus groups or surveys and to respond to Your requests.
We use Your personal data for our legitimate interests. We rely on our legitimate interest to manage our customer and participant relationships, to administer, analyze, and improve our services and the content on the Service, to operate our business, including through the use of Service Providers and subcontractors (who may have access to Your data – see further information under the section Disclosure of personal data), to send You notifications about our services, to archive, keep records, and perform statistical and analytical activities, or to use Your personal data for administrative, fraud detection, audit, training, security, or legal purposes.
Where other lawful bases are not available for the processing of Your personal data, We may rely on Your consent as the legal basis for the collection and use of Your personal data. You are free to withdraw Your consent at any time, subject to the Your Choices Regarding Your Information section below and the preceding Legal Bases for Processing Your Information in this Section.
Compliance with Legal Obligations
We may use Your personal data to comply with legal obligations to which We are subject, including to comply with legal process.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal data when You enter or submit Your personal data.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your personal data will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
- Data Retention Policy
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain and use Your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, to comply with applicable laws and to protect Magid), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. Please note that some or all of the information we have collected may be required in order for the Service to function properly.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Service.
- Changing Your Information.
You may request to review, update, or have deleted any personal data collected from You by Magid on the Service. Just send us an email asking to review or update Your personal data, or to have us delete Your personal data. However, We reserve the right to retain personal data as necessary for our business purposes and to comply with federal and state laws.
- Withdrawing Consent.
If You are an individual residing in the EEA or U.K., and You provided Your consent for any particular processing of Your personal data, You have the right to withdraw Your consent to our processing of Your information any time by requesting that Your personal data be deleted. See further information under the section EEA/U.K. Privacy Rights below. This deletion is permanent and Your information cannot be reinstated. To proceed with this request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Communications.
You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Social Networking.
- Opt-Outs Available from Our Partners.
Some of our Service Providers allow users to opt out of their collection of personal data. Some of our Service Providers provide information on controlling cookies. For more information, You may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, You can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Service, You may still receive advertisements even if You opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the ads will just not be tailored to Your interests. Also, We do not control any of the opt-out links above, and are not responsible for any choices You make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
- EEA/U.K. Privacy Rights
Users based in the EEA or U.K. have the following legal rights in respect of their personal data:
- The right to require Magid to confirm whether or not their personal data is being processed, the purpose of any such processing, the recipients of any personal data that has been disclosed, the period for which their information is to be stored, and whether any automated decision-making processes are used in relation to their personal data;
- The right to require Magid to rectify inaccurate personal data without undue delay;
- The right to request the erasure of their personal data. Subject to certain conditions, Magid may be required to erase the personal data in response to such request where:
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, such as where a user chooses to terminate his or her use of the Service;
- where the processing of the personal data is based on the user’s consent (and the other circumstances described in the Legal Bases for Processing Your Information and Disclosure of personal data sections above no longer apply), if the user withdraws his or her consent; or
- the user objects to the processing of his or her personal data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- Where Magid has disclosed the personal data of an EEA or U.K. user to a third party, and the user requests the erasure or rectification of the data, Magid will take all reasonable steps to inform the third party of such request.
- The right to restrict Magid from processing their personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of that personal data is disputed or an objection has been raised (see below). In such circumstances, Magid will only process that personal data with the express consent of the user, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or for reasons of important public interest;
- The right to receive their personal data from Magid in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format;
- The right to object to the processing of their personal data by Magid where:
- Magid has relied on the “legitimate interest” basis for processing that personal data, in which case We will immediately stop processing the user’s personal data unless We have compelling legitimate grounds which override the interests, rights, and freedoms of the user; or
- the personal data is used for direct marketing purposes, in which case We will immediately stop processing the user’s personal data for such purposes.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of the EU member state or other jurisdiction that is governed by the GDPR or U.K. GDPR where the user resides.
- The above legal rights are subject to various conditions and exceptions, including where the data is used for statistical or scientific research purposes and the exercise of the right would prevent such purposes from being attained or would seriously impair their attainment.
- Information Collected From Other Websites, and Do Not Track Policy
We do not knowingly collect personal data from an individual under age 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal data through the Service. If You have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal data from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terms and Conditions
- Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com.
- How to Contact Us
(Last modified October 2021)