Magid’s Bloxham to moderate panel at TV of Tomorrow Show
Magid’s Mike Bloxham will moderate The State of Subscription OTT panel at TVOT NYC 2018
NEW YORK, November 19, 2018 – InteractiveTV Today (ITVT) recently announced the schedule of sessions for TVOT NYC 2018, their ninth annual East Coast TV of Tomorrow Show event on Thursday, December 6th, at the SVA Theatre in New York.
Magid is pleased to announce its own Mike Bloxham, Senior Vice President will moderate The State of Subscription OTT panel in one of the day’s final concurrent sessions 5:45-6:30 PM.
This session will examine the current state of subscription-based streaming programming services (including vMVPD’s, and both general-entertainment and niche SVOD services), identify new opportunities–and new challenges–in the space, and outline emerging strategies that will enable SVOD and vMVPD services to respond to these developments.
Questions to be addressed include:
- Which demographic segments are the heaviest users of subscription OTT services and what do we know about their viewing habits?
- How are cord-cutters combining vMVPD and SVOD services and what implications does this have for the pricing of those services?
- When customer churn is a fact of life, what is the impact on subscription-based services’ business models and marketing strategies?
- In an SVOD space dominated by Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, what are the prospects for niche SVOD services–especially those that aren’t subsidized by large corporate parents?
- What best practices are emerging for building the programming libraries and channel line-ups of SVOD and vMVPD services?
- What role should transactional and ad-supported VOD play in the business models of subscription-based services?
- Is vMVPD growth really “flattening,” as NBCU chief Steve Burke recently claimed and, if so, why?
- Will the ongoing proliferation of direct-to-consumer services result in a market shake-out? And how will developments in the broadband infrastructure–such as the implementation of 5G and the Trump FCC’s hostility to the principle of Net Neutrality–impact the subscription OTT space?
- Mike Bloxham, SVP of Global Media and Entertainment, Magid (Moderator)
- Jon Cody, CEO, TV4 Entertainment
- Jamie Grosz, Philo
- Natasha Hritzuk, VP of Consumer Insights, Turner
- John Zamoiski, CMO, Fandor
Visit http://thetvoftomorrowshow.com for information.
Magid is a consumer-centered business strategy company delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged the firm for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. The Magid team is passionately curious and driven by the pursuit of improving human experiences with every engagement.
Check out these other Magid articles: