Magid’s Debby Ruth joins upcoming ARF Salon Series on emerging tech
Magid’s Debby Ruth joins emerging tech leaders to help attendees get ready for the next technological wave
NEW YORK, April 24, 2019 – The Advertising Research Foundation has tapped Debby Ruth, SVP, Global Media & Entertainment at Magid to join an upcoming Salon Series event, titled Emerging Tech – The 5G Evolution and How it Will Supercharge AI.
As the promise of 5G becomes a reality, major players are beginning to roll out services and products. The explosion of 5G will create both opportunities and challenges, and this panel aims to discuss:
- Implications on mobile offerings and consumption, based on more computer power, reduced wait times, and the ability to handle the processing load for big tasks
- Expected growth of AI and Machine Learning; IoT in all its forms; connected and driverless cars at scale; and the immersive experiences of VR and AR
- Improved performance of conversational interfaces, streaming, and AR/VR, powered by enhanced transmission speeds combined with AI
- Need to evolve practices, as real-time data management and targeted marketing become the norm
- Importance of building consumer confidence in this new landscape, recognizing that trust may become a bigger issue than it is today
The event will also feature a live Teachable Machine demo led by Google. Teachable Machine is an experiment that makes it easier for anyone to start exploring how machine learning works.
ARF Salon Series: Emerging Tech – The 5G Evolution and How it Will Supercharge AI
May 9, 2019
@The ARF, New York, NY
- Ben Royce
Creative Effective Lead for the Google Brand Unit, Google
- Debby Ruth
SVP, Global Media and Entertainment, Magid
- Paul McLachlan, Ph.D.
Director of Data Science, Ericsson Emodo
Paul Donato, Chief Research Officer, ARF
Visit the ARF event page for information.
Debby Ruth, Senior Vice President, Global Media & Entertainment
Ruth is a strategy, marketing and innovation agent who delves into the rapidly changing media landscape where technology and media intersect and create disruption. As Senior Vice President, Global Media and Entertainment at Magid, she helps clients define business strategy, develop new products and content, and redefine and reenergize brands in the midst of chaos—all with a consumer-centric mindset.
Prior to Magid, Debby was a thought leader in the cable television industry spanning distribution, content, technology, and advertising sales. She led marketing at Cox Enterprises and was on the front lines marketing to consumers at Time Warner. Her early career included work in the music industry, at the Steppenwolf Theatre Company, and at advertising agencies. She earned a B.A. in Communications from Pennsylvania State University, and an MBA from The Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.
Magid is a consumer-centered business strategy company delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged the firm for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. The Magid team is passionately curious and driven by the pursuit of improving human experiences with every engagement.