Bill Day to be a featured speaker at the ARF’s Creative Council event on Super Bowl advertising
NEW YORK, February 6, 2023 – Magid’s Bill Day, Senior Vice President, will present in an upcoming ARF event for Creative Council on the power of Super Bowl advertising.
A Peek Behind the Curtain – Preventing a Fumble: The Research POV on Super Bowl Advertising
Wednesday, February 8 | 4:00 – 5:00 PM EST
Ads during the Super Bowl are different from ads that regularly air on broadcast, cable and streaming video because of their reach, frequency, cultural significance and sometimes, the extensive research that undergirds them. Unlike other ads, they are simultaneously seen by up to 100 million people, rather than at varying times at varying frequencies.
Join the ARF Creative Council for a peek behind the curtain at research on Super Bowl ads, how they are different, and what to look for and think about when watching this year. Hear an enlightening, lively conversation about the advertising industry’s biggest night of the year from an analytical lens and gain a framework for evaluating this year’s ads.
Executives from four major research companies will share lessons learned and related advice on getting the most out of Super Bowl ads.
- Bill Day, SVP, Magid
- Ann Green, SVP, Client Partner, Kantar
- Pedr Howard, SVP, Creative Excellence, Ipsos
- Eldaa Daily, Senior Research Director, Creative Testing, Dynata
Belle Frank, Chief Strategy Officer, Global Health Practice, VMLY&R (Moderator)
They will also examine a select group of this year’s ads that have been pre-released for viewing on YouTube, addressing questions such as:
- Which of the ads are particularly well-suited to the Super Bowl environment and what makes them stand out?
- What impact or risk could these ads have on the advertised brands?
- How does the state of our culture affect how you look at ads and research ads for the Super Bowl?
- What roles do humor, celebrities and high production values have in the success of Super Bowl ads?
For more information including the latest information and ARF member registration, visit the ARF’s event page.