NEW YORK, August 24, 2020 – Magid’s Jaime Spencer, Bill Hague, and Mike Bloxham will join other industry experts speaking at ITVT’s first live virtual TV of Tomorrow (TVOT) event to be held September 8-10, 2020.
Local and Regional Advertising
Thursday, September 10 – 10:55 a.m. to 11:35 a.m. EST
More details about this session will be posted soon.
- Bill Hague, EVP, Local Media, Magid (Moderator)
- Tim Fagan, CRO, TEGNA
- Raghu Kodige, Chief Product Officer, Alphonso
- Rob Weisbord, President of Broadcast and CRO, Sinclair Broadcast
- Additional panelists TBA
The Reemergence of Television Commerce
Thursday, September 10 – 11:35 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. EST
The past year or so has seen a resurgence of interest in, and several new rollouts of, television commerce—and it seems reasonable to assume that shelter-in-place orders, and the ensuing decline in footfall and revenues for traditional bricks-and-mortar retail, will catalyze this resurgence.
This session will bring together people at the forefront of bringing commerce to our television and video screens for a thorough exploration of this rapidly emerging space.
Questions to be addressed include:
- What are the respective merits of broadcaster-centric and platform-based/broadcaster-agnostic approaches to tcommerce?
- How are the business relationships between broadcasters, brands, platforms and other participants in the revival of tcommerce evolving?
- What will be the impact of tcommerce on the advertising space—for example, can shoppable commercials, and the inherent attribution/accountability they promise, make advertising appealing to brands that have hitherto eschewed national advertising?
- How much interest is there in tcommerce on the part of consumers, and how have those consumers responded to date to early deployments?
- Mike Bloxham, SVP, Global Media and Entertainment, Magid (Moderator)
- David Apostolico, SVP of Platform Expansion and Distribution, Qurate
- Josh Feldman, EVP/Head of Marketing and Advertising Creative, NBCU
- Peter Naylor, VP of Sales, Americas, Snap
- Zane Vella, VP of Product—Interactivity, Comcast
- Additional panelist TBA
COVID-19’s Impact on Programming and Production
Thursday, September 10 – 2:40 to 3:15 p.m. EST
This session will explore the often very resourceful and innovative ways in which programming providers (including providers of scripted, unscripted, national, local, sports and news programming) have adapted to the strictures imposed on production by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition, panelists will examine whether these experiments, together with significant changes in viewer behavior—and possibly in viewer tastes—that the pandemic has brought about, will have an ongoing impact on programming formats and result in new ways of engaging television audiences and of monetizing that engagement.
- Jaime Spencer, EVP/Head of Local Media, Magid (Moderator)
- Scott Ehrlich, SVP of Growth Networks and Content, Sinclair Broadcast
- Darren Lepke, Head of Video Product Management, Verizon Media
- Marian Pittman, EVP of Content, Product and Innovation, Cox Media Group
Magid is a consumer-centered business strategy company delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged the firm for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. The Magid team is passionately curious and driven by the pursuit of improving human experiences with every engagement.