Magid is disrupting the media and entertainment space with our quantitative emotional measurement system: EmotionalDNA, or eDNA for short. We are seeking a skilled quantitative research analyst who can apply their skill and highly creative thinking to cutting edge research to solve the most pressing business challenges in the media and entertainment space.
The successful candidate will not only be an experienced quant analyst but will also have familiarity with Advanced Analytics. A critical requirement for this role is the ability to team with our Director of Advanced Analytics and Data Science to design client-facing, custom methodological approaches that could include custom surveys, Advanced Analytics and our eDNA Dataset. This person would work across both our eDNA team as well as our GME team, with responsibility for executing on the quantitative survey research part of projects in GME and eDNA, including overall project design, questionnaire development, analyzing the data to tell a compelling story and interfacing and presenting to clients.
This role will be essential in driving our clients’ businesses and continuing to develop best-in-class quantitative methodologies and analyses. The VP, Quantitative Research will be a key member of our thought leadership team and contribute to our Strategic Knowledge Core, while role modeling curiosity, collaboration, and a strong work ethic. He or she joins a GME Team of 35, of which the eDNA team is currently 10.
- Master of data, analytics, and uncovering the whys behind the numbers
- Curious about new ideas, methodologies and data analytics
- Able to use data to tell compelling stories – a bold and pragmatic thinker
- A business first thinker; our practice is to use research as a tool to advise our clients on topics of first order importance
- Excellent communicator with a natural ability to make the complex simple
- Passionate about human science and consumer behavior
- A collaborator across function and level
- Confident leader and indispensable partner with teams and clients
- Excellent presenter
- Flawless executer from start to finish
- Kick-off meetings
- Questionnaire development
- Testing and fielding management
- Data analysis
- Report development (collaborating with creative teams)
- Client presentations and consultation
- Perfectionist for deliverables that are memorable, tell a story, and demand deeper thought
- Enthusiastic mentor/mentee
- Next-level thinker beyond the immediate ask
- Consistent standard-bearer of ethical practices
- Positive force whatever the situation
- Someone who rises to meet challenges under pressure
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume and some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid.
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s or Ph.D. strongly preferred – in social sciences, statistics or related fields
- Minimum 10 years of experience executing quantitative research engagements for clients with a range of data collection methods; B2C research required, international experience a plus
- Expertise in media, entertainment, and/or advertising
- Advanced analytics skills preferred: (segmentation, driver, Max Diff, Conjoint, etc.)
- Experience with common analysis software such as SPSS, R and/or Sawtooth
- Experience in weighting data and data cleaning processes
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, a 401k match and more. Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org