Magid is seeking someone who has a passion for using primary quantitative research to understand human behavior, desire and motivation and connect that understanding to drive business outcomes. The successful candidate will be experienced in advising media and entertainment clients on business growth strategies by employing a variety of quant research methodologies and analytics in a fast-paced, team-driven culture.
This role will be an essential part of our Global Media & Entertainment (GME) Group at Magid, proactively partnering with team mates to drive our clients’ business strategies. Magid works with a many of the leading global companies in this dynamic space and has a long history of partnership with these companies in navigating major strategic shifts. The VP, Quantitative Research will be part of the GME Quant Team will be proficient in leading quantitative research projects from beginning to end. Their innate curiosity, knowledge of the media and entertainment industry, and deep understanding of human behavior will add to our team’s positive culture and expertise in quantitative methods.
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Master of data, analytics, and uncovering the story behind the numbers
- Creator of powerful insights and strategic advice using creative analytics
- Experienced client manager and excellent presenter
- Ability to lead multiple, simultaneous, complicated global research projects, in a timely, efficient, and effective manner
- Person who doesn’t just know of the media industry but follows the industry and thinks deeply about the future of media and entertainment
- Excellent communicator with a natural ability to make the complex simple
- Business minded, human-centered thought provoker
- Passionate collaborator and strong ideator
- Indispensable partner to teams and clients
- Bold and pragmatic thinker
- Flawless executer from start to finish
- Kick-off meetings
- Questionnaire development
- Testing and fielding management
- Deep analysis
- Report development (collaborating with creative teams)
- Client presentations and consultation
- Impeccable perfectionist for deliverables that are memorable, tell a story, and demand deeper thought
- Enthusiastic, experienced manager and mentor
- Next-level thinker beyond the immediate ask
- Consistent standard-bearer of ethical practices
- Positive force whatever the situation
- Someone who rises to meet challenges under pressure
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s preferred in social sciences or related fields
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of experience executing quantitative research engagements for clients with a range of data collection methods; B2C research required
- Expertise in media and/or entertainment
- Experience with common analysis software such as SPSS, Qualtrics, DisplayR/Q and/or Sawtooth is required
- Experience in weighting data and data cleaning processes is required
- Advanced analytics skills for business applications (segmentation, driver, consumer choice analytics, ideally also conjoint and max diff, etc.) helpful
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes the world around us through better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement. Learn more about us at www.magid.com.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more. Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Next Step: Send resume to: email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.