Magid is looking for a leader who is passionate about and lives our company’s purpose which is to shape the human experience through courageous thinking. This position is focused on ensuring that all of our client service and deliverables in the CPG, Travel & Hospitality and Retail space deliver on this promise of value. The VP of Client Services will lead our insights and consulting team as we grow and expand this business. This person will serve as a thought-leader and champion Magid’s best in class work, approach, and deep understanding of human behavior and how it impacts business decisions. The VP of Client Services will bring exceptional operating knowledge and expertise from many years of experience in CPG, Travel & Hospitality and/or Retail which will be used to guide the activities of the team and ensure that all Magid services deliver exceptional ROI to each client.
This person will lead our CCB quantitative and qualitative research and strategy consulting services and help shape/inform research methods, activities and end-product/deliverables. The right person for this role will have experience hiring exceptional talent, inspiring people to do outstanding work and will be expected to be a positive force in Magid culture.
This person will be a master at analyzing data, applying it to business challenges and crafting a story and action plan from it so that they can ensure that these skills are used daily in practice by the team. They will be responsible for making sure that the quality of thinking in client deliverables is world class. The person will be expected to be at the forefront of emerging research and consulting methodologies and frameworks, help to define Magid best practices and maintain these best practices & standards at Magid.
- Research expert in Quant and Qual methods
- Extensive experience and expertise in CPG, Travel & Hospitality, and/or Retail
- Impeccable eye for deliverables that are memorable, tell a story, demand deeper thinking and tie to business outcomes
- Commercial orientation with an innate ability to sell the value of research not simply a specific set of methodologies
- Executive/boardroom presence
- Ability to influence individuals, groups, and clients
- Ability to lead through inspiration vs. traditional direct reporting structures
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend the hiring of and develop top people
- Proven ability to lead highly successful teams
- Excellent communicator / Persuasive
- Indispensable partner to internal teams
- A true believer in and champion of Magid values
- Ensure unquestioned excellence and integrity of Magid work product
- Natural leader
- A passionate, lifelong learner
- Effortless collaborator & team player
- Curious and creative
- Self-starter with positive force whatever the situation
- exceptional personal accountability
- Open to new ideas and different ways of thinking
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of experience in a client-side operating role that involved extensive use of consumer insights, its application to business strategy, and thought leadership
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in business, social sciences, marketing, communications or related field desired
- Advanced degree a plus
- Deep business expertise in CPG, Retail and/or Travel & Hospitality
- Demonstrated success delighting clients with data driven insights and the application of insights to business solutions
- Experience managing teams while optimizing the size and composition of the team
- Experience in developing and deploying a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies for collecting data and analytic techniques for developing meaningful and actionable interpretations of research data to apply directly to business challenges
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes the world around us through better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement. Learn more about us at www.magid.com.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more. Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Next Step: Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org