Magid is an insights-driven strategy partner to clients across multiple industries including travel, retail, consumer goods and CPG. Our Consumer and Commercial Brands (CCB) team is expanding. We are seeking a new Client Development Vice President who will lead efforts to grow our business, charged with identifying, engaging and bringing in new clients to expand our business. We have aggressive growth plans and are ready to serve clients across the areas of business strategy, branding and premier consumer insights.
The Client Development VP will be the engine of our business development efforts for the Consumer and Commercial Brands team. The right candidate must be passionate about the art and science of consumer insights and possess the skills in strategic business development. The VP will capably provide new clients with a clear engagement strategy connecting Magid capabilities with client insights and business needs. They will work with internal teams to create a plan and share those insights, engaging clients to move forward with Magid’s services.
Our VP of Client Development, Consumer and Commercial Brands will be a strategic, creative and business-minded thinker with extensive experience developing solutions in an industry of client challenges and changing consumer insights. The ideal candidate will have experience expanding new business relationships and a history of success engaging clients with unique business solutions. Previous client development experience and success selling to consumer-driven brands is critical.
The VP of Client Development needs to demonstrate a track record of success in consultative strategic selling. The VP will work with clients to align their needs with Magid’s services, partnering to create a solution to address those issues, managing the process from proposal to delivery, and ensuring the final solution is presented in a clear, actionable way that meets client needs. It will be important to be both comfortable with ambiguity and sufficiently focused and grounded to create tangible solutions and activation plans that solve client challenges.
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Strategic thinker who can articulate value and opportunity based on previous insight and experience
- A leader capable to take industry trends and future business needs into account, and develop an insights and strategy plan that can be activated within a client meeting
- A thoughtful, measured, strategic partner who can build client interest and trust
- An ability to translate strategic direction into a clear client strategy
- Relationship builder and strong collaborator who will add value to the team based on their experience and insights
- Open-minded and intellectually curious
- Self-starter with the ability to independently build a plan based on team input
- Exceptional personal accountability
- Comfortable with negotiation and able to drive toward client “win-wins”
- The ability to architect deliverables that are memorable, tell a story, and spur action
- Approachable, authentic and self-effacing – recognized as a leader by others, a self-described learner in practice
- Effortless collaborator that will help lead and inspire those around her or him to reach new heights
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree: MBA, MA, is a plus
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience, including client development experience
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and expanding existing client relationships
- Expertise in executing consumer research and integrating it into strategic development processes and frameworks to solve a variety of business challenges.
- Ability to use PowerPoint, Word and Excel required, strong PowerPoint skills a plus
- Strong work ethic and outgoing, positive personality
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in the subject line.
Magid is a consumer-centered business strategy company delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with the firm for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. The Magid team is passionately curious and driven by the pursuit of improving human experiences with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more. Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.