Magid is looking for the next addition to its best-in-class talent coaching team within the local media industry.
The Magid talent coach:
- is a highly valued partner to clients, business executives and on-air TV talent.
- has a sophisticated understanding of the needs of TV, digital and social consumers.
- understands the skills necessary to effectively communicate a business’s key message.
- collaborates with the Magid service team to drive local stations’ strategies.
- works with little to no supervision.
- thinks critically with attention to detail.
- builds relationships with on-air talent and their managers.
- delivers thoughtful, understandable, and actionable feedback on presentation and performance.
You should describe yourself as:
- An expert in effective communication and on-air presentation, with a deep understanding of the local media landscape.
- Very confident and comfortable in articulating a point of view, managing talent meetings, and making in-person presentations.
- Sophisticated and professional with composure necessary to interact with senior level clients and talent.
- Someone who thrives on giving and receiving feedback.
- Able to identify performance and appearance issues which could distract an audience.
- A strong writer, editor and communicator.
- Creative self-starter who can accomplish tasks without guidance.
- Accustomed to managing heavy workloads with competing priorities.
- Having these interpersonal skills:
- Entrepreneurial and independent, but also able to work on a team of other consultants and more senior consultants/executives.
- Someone who works well under the guidance of senior leadership.
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in social sciences, marketing, communications, media, or related field desired
- Minimum 2 years of newsroom experience or experience as a consultant to local media clients.
- Experience as on-air talent is an important plus.
If you see yourself in the above description please send us your resume and some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Magid provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply by emailing email@example.com and reference the job title in the subject line.