Magid is seeking someone who has a passion for helping clients succeed by harnessing and discovering compelling consumer motivations through a variety of research methodologies in a fast-paced, team-driven culture.
The Sr. Quantitative Analyst plays a key role in Magid’s Consumer Products group. This person is responsible for all facets of executing consumer research (primarily online quantitative studies), from questionnaire development focused on client objectives to writing a high level, visual, insight-driven report and presenting it to the client. Many of our clients are Fortune 100 companies with well-known global brands. The position reports to the Insights Director-Consumer Products and works closely with the Managing Director and other team members.
Key responsibilities will include:
The Sr. Analyst’s work will focus on executing quantitative research projects, which may or may not include:
- Conducting and managing the entire research process including questionnaire design, field management, data processing, analysis, report development, and presentation
- Overseeing project management including managing junior associates’ support in report development
- Collaborating with team to design and execute more complex projects and/or develop strategic recommendations for clients
- Managing clients through the research process, including proactive communications and updates
- Utilizing a wide range of quantitative methods including foundational studies (basic attitude and usage, tracking) and more tactical methods (concept testing, sorts, claims, Max-Diff, discrete choice, line optimization/Shapley Value)
- Advising peers and assisting with ad hoc requests as appropriate
- 4-6 years marketing research experience (primarily quantitative research)
- Food/Consumer Products research experience and business understanding a plus
- College bachelors degree required; degree in marketing, psychology, or social sciences a plus
- Advanced degree in social sciences or related field or marketing a plus (MA, MS, PhD, MBA)
- Experience with multi-country studies is a plus
- Experience with common analysis software such as Qualtrics or SPSS is a plus
- Excellent written communications skills in order to generate a high-level, insight driven report based on data findings using graphics and visuals (in PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal communications skills to leverage in informal and formal client discussions
- Some understanding of advanced analytics including knowing which analytics to apply and how to interpret results
- Strong project management skills in order to successfully execute all phases of a project and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative self-starter who can accomplish tasks without guidance
- Flexibility to seamlessly handle changes in project scope, manage heavy workloads at times and deal with potentially challenging clients on occasion
- Ability to focus on the big picture along with strong attention to detail
- Confident and comfortable in articulating a point of view
- Strong team player able to work and consult with others on the team
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; ability to create visually appealing reports a plus
Apply by emailing email@example.com and reference the job title in the subject line.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.