The Senior Qualitative Analyst will moderate and conduct a variety of qualitative methods (specifically focus groups, one-on-ones, and ethnographies) with a wide range of consumers. He/she analyzes and synthesizes the findings to ultimately provide clients with actionable insights to address critical business issues. Along with exceptional execution of research projects, the Senior Qualitative Analyst becomes a highly valued partner to clients, providing the critical thinking and points of view to help guide client strategy. This role will focus primarily in our Global Media & Entertainment vertical but may also cross into other areas.
The Senior Analyst will be involved in all aspects of an assigned qualitative project including screener development, guide design, moderation, analysis, reporting, recommendations, and client presentation. He/she must have the sophistication, client skills, management skills, and advanced research skills to simultaneously oversee and execute large scale and/or complex client projects independently.
The Senior Analyst’s work will focus on executing larger and/or more complex qualitative research projects, which may or may not include:
- Moderating in-person focus groups, one-on-ones, ethnographies, shop-alongs, intercepts, etc.
- Moderating online communities, online focus groups (text or web-cam), online interviews, etc.
- Conducting phone interviews with consumers
- Executing projects in their entirety including client kick-off meeting, screener development, discussion guide design and development, moderation of in-field qualitative method, analysis, report development, recommendations, and client presentation
- Managing clients through the research process, including proactive communications and updates
- Developing research deliverables, including analysis of qualitative consumer input (focus group discussions, ethnographies, interviews, etc.) and development of client recommendations that address business implications
- Potentially having Research Associates as direct reports to manage and develop
- Provide valuable point of view and consultative guidance to clients beyond just the research analysis
- Providing research design input and consultation to support business development efforts of the senior team
- Managing research partners and vendors throughout project execution
- Advising peers and assisting with ad hoc requests as appropriate
- Working with Business Development on proposal content
- Minimum of 5 years of experience executing qualitative research engagements for clients or on the client side; international experience a plus
- Extensive experience writing screeners and research reports
- Experience with moderation of multiple methodologies, with some experience moderating focus groups
- Prior experience with market research in media
- College bachelor’s degree required; degree in social sciences, marketing, communications or related field desired
- Advanced degree in social sciences or related field a plus (MA, MS, PhD)
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced and skilled moderator (please evidence this experience, skill, and any relevant training).
- Research analysis expertise of a seasoned analyst but the ‘big picture’ thinking of a strategist in order to distill complex data into meaningful recommendations.
- Very confident and comfortable in articulating a point of view and making in-person presentations
- Ability to provide consultative guidance based on client’s business objectives beyond the data analysis
- Sophistication and professional composure necessary to interact with senior level clients
- Ability to mentor, manage, and develop analysts as direct reports or as part of a project team
- Strong writing skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to react and improvise quickly as is necessary in consumer-based qualitative research
- Creative self-starter who can accomplish tasks without guidance
- Conscientious researcher with an acute attention to detail, but able to execute projects efficiently
- Accustomed to managing heavy workloads and multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Ability to create powerful PowerPoint deliverables using data visualization, headlines, and stories
- Strong experience with a variety of in-person and online qualitative methodologies, including more advanced qualitative methodologies
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Leadership skills and ability to oversee large, complex projects
- Entrepreneurial and independent but also works well on a team
- Works well collaborating with senior leadership to manage client relationships
- Ability to travel 60% – 75% of the time and with minimal notice
Next Step: Send letter of application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.