Magid is disrupting the media and entertainment industry with our approach to data gathering, analysis and analytical tool- building. Do you know the fundamentals of how to use data to make a case? If so, we need you to be a part of it! We’re providing data-driven guidance for the critical issues facing our clients. This position will develop business strategies based on deep data analytics that will drive results for our clients.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The Scientist’s work will include:
- Make independent, creative contributions to analysis that answer client questions and drive ROI, including building new predictive models and impactful decision-driving visualizations.
- Leverage your data science skills to support research projects for Global Media & Entertainment.
- Contribute to our data pipeline architecture including productionizing your machine learning models.
- Serve as an internal consultant in ideation and pitching of new client projects. Contributing to find best solutions for clients’ complex business problems with senior management and business development.
- Present at knowledge transfer sessions, learning from senior research staff to boost company-wide expertise in areas such as domain knowledge, soft skills, and technical abilities.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. We require applicants for this position to be able to legally work in the USA and not require H1B sponsorship.
- Master’s degree with a quantitative focus (Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, etc.) and 1 year of experience; OR 3 years of practical experience.
- Experience with statistical modeling and building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models (e.g. Classification models, linear and logistic regressions models, cluster analyses, etc.) to drive business decisions
- Time series experience (e.g. ARIMA, Panel regression, hierarchical models, etc.)
- Python, R and SQL programming experience (Minimum 3 years)
- Dashboarding experience on any platform (Tableau, Power BI, Dundas, etc.)
- Version control experience (Git)
- Experience synthesizing analytics and statistical findings into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide recommendations for high level stakeholders and clients
Nice to Haves (But not Required)
- Market research experience (especially in media & entertainment)
- NLP, Neural network experience
- Experience with quantitative analysis on alternative media (podcasts, short form videos)
- Experience working directly with clients to solve their business problems leveraging analytics
- Data engineering experience, particularly with Apache Airflow
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more.
Magid is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contact information: email@example.com