The Qualitative Research Associate will support the Qualitative Research team and senior leaders in providing clients with insights derived from primary consumer research that drive business success. By supporting exceptional execution of qualitative research projects, and story telling that make our insights actionable, the associate becomes a highly valued partner to our team, providing the critical thinking and points of view to help guide client strategy. This role can also be an entry point and training to become a Qualitative analyst at Magid.
The Qualitative Research Associate’s work will include:
- Support day-to-day tasks of executing Qualitative Research projects (in-person methodologies such as focus groups, IDIs, usability sessions, ethnography, ideation and co-creation session; and online/digital methodologies such as online communities, online focus groups, and digital ethnography).
- Developing research deliverables ranging from screeners to discussion guides to final client report deliverables
- Creating video montages that tell the story of consumer’s experience of the client’s product or service
- Attending in-person and online/remote qualitative research and handling back-room management, re-screening or participants, and note-taking on key quotes and themes
- Helping the lead analyst to communicate to and manage clients through the research process, including proactive communications and updates
- Working with our qualitative coordinator to help manage research facility partners and vendors throughout project execution
- Proactively seeking out ways to make our team processes optimally efficient and effective.
- Advising peers and assisting with ad hoc requests as appropriate
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Self-starter that is naturally curious; can’t help but ask the next “why” question to fully understand motivations, behaviors, and attitudes
- Flawless executer from start to finish with an impeccable attention to details
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Having a passion for understanding the multicultural and DEI
- perspective on topics of research
- Polished presence and able to interact with senior level executives and clients
- Empathetic to every person’s story – all consumers have a worthwhile story to tell… do you care to listen?
- Effortless collaborator
- Indispensable partner to internal teams
- Next-level thinker recognizing and executing items beyond the immediate request
- Tech savvy with above average PowerPoint skills
- Positive force whatever the situation always willing to lend a hand
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Bachelor’s degree
- PowerPoint and Word experience critical
- Google sheets and Excel a plus
- Video editing skills a plus
- 1-2 years of similar experience demonstrating key traits and skills
- Strong writing experience
- Ability to ensure communications are timely and on brand
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume, a few samples and some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid. Apply by emailing email@example.com and reference the job title in the subject line.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Magid provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org