The Qualitative Research Analyst – CCB will support Qualitative Research by providing clients with actionable insights that address critical business issues. By both managing and supporting exceptional execution of qualitative research projects, the analyst will help provide the critical thinking and points of view to help guide client strategy.
The Qualitative Analyst’s work will include:
- Develop and execute Qualitative Research projects from client kick-off to final delivery, both on their own and working as part of a larger strategic team.
- Tasks include:
- Developing screeners and managing recruitment in tandem with our qualitative coordinator.
- Executing a wide range of Qualitative methodologies (in-person methodologies such as focus groups, IDIs (individual interviews), ethnographies, ideation and co-creation sessions, and online/digital methodologies such as online communities, online focus groups, and digital ethnographies).
- Participating in larger scale integrated projects with our consultative and quantitative teams.
- Developing high quality and actionable research deliverables ranging from toplines to PowerPoint reports and presentation to video highlight reels.
- Client management throughout the research process, including proactive communications and updates.
- In addition to managing projects, this role also works with the broader Magid team, advising peers and assisting with ad hoc requests as appropriate, such as reviewing documents or performing secondary research on consulting projects.
- Up to 50% travel as necessary to attend focus groups or in-home interviews. May include some international travel. Travel requirement pending COVID-19 status.
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Person who isn’t just a consumer but also a “student” of consumer products and related industries and thinks deeply about broader business and marketing issues
- Self-starter that is naturally curious; can’t help but ask the next “why” question to fully understand motivations, behaviors, and attitudes
- Pattern-seeker who is able to see both the forest and the trees
- Flawless executer from start to finish with an impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Polished and able to interact with senior level executives and clients
- Empathetic to every person’s story – all consumers have a worthwhile story to tell… do you care to listen?
- Effortless collaborator able to easily work closely with a team that’s located across the country (whether virtually or in person)
- Indispensable partner to internal teams
- Next-level thinker recognizing and executing items beyond the immediate request
- Tech savvy, with above average PowerPoint skills
- Positive force whatever the situation and always willing to lend a hand
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Bachelor’s degree
- PowerPoint and Word experience critical
- Google sheets and Excel a plus
- Video editing skills a plus
- 3-4 years of experience in qualitative research, including group moderation and/or individual interviewing and project leadership
- Strong writing ability and experience
- Ability to ensure communications are timely and on brand
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume, a few samples of your writing and some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid. Apply by emailing email@example.com and reference the job title in the subject line.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Magid provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.