Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment where you are trusted to make decisions and drive success? Do you manage your time and responsibilities well without someone looking over your shoulder all the time? Would you like to be working with research that is foundational in the video game space? If so, then our Project Manager role might be for you.
As part of our Games team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business implementing solutions that ultimately help our clients better understand their projects and consumers. Your days will be filled with ensuring a large number of domestic and international research projects are properly planned and managed throughout their lifecycles, holding internal teams, external vendors, and client stakeholders accountable for their deliverables. This will require managing client project delivery activities as per defined contract scope, assumptions, and constraints. But more than anything we ask that you love your job, you love this industry, and you are excited to work with a small and passionate team to continue taking us to another level.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Over the course of a project, the Project Manager will need to communicate with staff and clients, make decisions, and monitor the progress of the project to keep it on schedule.
Important responsibilities for the Project Manager include:
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Manage overall workflow of the team to help ensure that resources are best used
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with team leaders to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected, including proofing copy, writing, and editing
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed
- Managing pricing and cost in line with budget for projects
- Understanding of the unique consumer dynamics in the video game space
- Developing an understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods, timing, and nuances
- Working with outside vendors to get quotes and manage projects to completion
- Learning how to maintain and grow our internal panel of gamers
- Managing and maintaining project management software for the group
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Person who doesn’t just play video games but follows the industry and thinks deeply about the future of gaming and entertainment technology
- Committed team player
- Operationally proactive self-starter who is naturally curious
- Flawless executer from start to finish with an impeccable attention to detail
- Innovative and provocative approach to solving problems
- Polished and able to interact with senior level clients
- Indispensable partner to internal teams
- Next-level thinker recognizing and executing items beyond the immediate request
- Tech and information architecture savvy with PowerPoint skills
- Positive force whatever the situation always willing to lend a hand
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of post-undergrad work experience or more
- PowerPoint proficiency
- Excel Skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to ensure communications are compelling, timely, on brand, on strategy
- Outgoing, positive personality
- Experience with client interaction
- Relative experience at another video game agency or research agency
- Previous experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Familiarity/experience with qualitative/quantitative research and consumer insights
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contact information: email@example.com