The Marketing Consultant plays a key role alongside senior consultants and as the primary service lead in delivering best-in-class consultation to local media clients focused on brand development, marketing innovation and execution, digital strategy and execution, and new product development. As part of Magid’s Brand, Strategy and Innovation team, you will work with a multidisciplinary team to address our clients’ challenges and opportunities related to the changing local media landscape.
The ideal candidate will have experience defining and executing a unique brand position for local media brands or similar companies, understanding how to apply consumer insights, best practices and other inputs to create compelling brand positions and marketing plans. Working with a broad array of clients, the Marketing Consultant will need to offer valuable counsel to both senior leaders and tactical executers. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge and experience marketing across platforms, including social, digital, TV, radio, etc.
Along with exceptional execution of consulting and research engagements, the consultant becomes a highly valued partner to clients, providing the critical thinking, operational guidance and points of view to help guide client strategy.
The Marketing Consultant will lead and manage project work with clients, and work alongside Director, VP, EVPs or other senior consultants on more complex consulting engagements. He/she must have the sophistication, client and operational expertise to oversee and execute client projects independently without supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The Marketing Consultant’s work will focus on executing consulting engagements, which may or may not include:
- Managing clients through the engagement process, including on-site meetings, and ongoing proactive communications and updates
- Gathering and analyzing primary or secondary research to help provide thought leadership to clients
- Reviewing marketing executions and digital content to offer focused and actionable feedback on an ongoing basis
- Developing PowerPoint slides to report findings and provide recommendations
- Collaborating with senior consultants to execute more complex projects and/or develop strategic recommendations for clients
- Providing input to support business development efforts of the senior team
- Advising peers and assisting with ad hoc requests as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in social sciences, marketing, communications, media, or related field desired
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a local media company, media sales organization, digital media company or marketing/advertising agency
- Significant experience defining brands and creating marketing materials across platforms
- Experience creating and/or managing digital and social content, including Facebook, Instagram, websites, apps, etc.
- Strong knowledge of behavioral media metrics that define audience reach such as Nielsen, ComScore, social metrics and digital traffic
- Ability to travel frequently (50-75%) and with minimal notice
- Operational knowledge of local media businesses, with a particular focus on marketing, but with the ‘big picture’ thinking of a strategist
- Very confident and comfortable in articulating a point of view, managing on-site client meetings, and making in-person presentations
- Sophistication and professional composure necessary to interact with senior level clients
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Creative self-starter who can accomplish tasks without guidance
- Conscientious operator with an acute attention to detail, but able to execute projects efficiently
- Accustomed to managing heavy workloads and multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Ability to create powerful PowerPoint deliverables using data visualization, headlines, and stories
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Entrepreneurial and independent but also works well on a team of other consultants and more senior consultants/executives
- Works well under the guidance of senior leadership to manage client projects
- Depending on progress, may take lead over time on more complex projects with more advanced consultative requirements
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more. Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: email@example.com