The primary responsibilities of the Jr. Designer (Employee) are about pushing boundaries to help create brilliant ideas, and bringing them to life in unique, differentiating and motivating ways. The Jr. Designer will work closely with the Creative Director and other Marketing members to craft ideas that bring all forces of art, aesthetics, design, writing and inspiration together. The Employee will strive to understand the strategy presented to them by the client and develop multiple viable options for review and approval. This Jr. Designer stays on top of design trends and ensures that their work product is connected to the business goals, audience and brand of the client. This role is responsible for phenomenal storytelling in their creative output (design and writing) from concept to production.
You should be able to:
- Participate in kick off meetings, take notes, and send recaps to client.
- Create and deliver creative briefs to client before any project.
- Ideate and develop concepts that meet each client’s goals, quality and deadline expectations.
- Actively collaborate and brainstorm with team to develop and write memorable deliverables for the client, including pitches and other deliverables that demand deeper thinking and participate in creative reviews with the Creative Director.
- Think beyond the immediate ask.
- Self-starter that is naturally curious that proactively brings new and provocative thinking
- Balance the demand for creative results with quick turnaround time frames.
- Harness a strong sense of design, attention to detail, creative problem solving, excellent communication skills and ability to articulate reasons for conceptual solutions as well as constructive feedback.
- Work with the Marketing Department on designs for internal marketing campaigns.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Have conceptual/strategic thinking across a multitude of mediums.
- Brainstorm and develop multiple, viable options to meet strategic goals of client.
- Communicate design and business rationale behind creative decisions and concepts.
- Create and uphold a Brand Identity for the client.
- Communicate effectively and maintain fruitful working relationships build on trust and collaboration. Deliver to strategy, on time and on budget.
- Maintain a positive, professional, can-do attitude at all times.
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- 2-4+ years design experience
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator as well as Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and other applicable design software programs
- Progressive experience in size and scope of projects and responsibilities
- Direct contact and collaboration with clients and creative team members
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Magid provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume and a portfolio link along with some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.