Magid is seeking someone who has a passion for driving business growth by harnessing and discovering compelling consumer motivations through a variety of research methodologies in a fast-paced, team-driven culture. If you have a passion for striking the perfect balance between art & science, critical & courageous thinking, and human understanding & business acumen to become indispensable partners to our clients, then you just might be our next Director, Quantitative Research.
This role will be essential in driving our clients and their businesses forward through applying quantitative consumer research approaches to inform client strategies in our Global Media & Entertainment (GME). Magid works with a variety of global partners in this dynamic and ever-changing space. The Director, Quantitative Research will be part of the GME and Quant Team at Magid and will be proficient in leading quantitative research projects from beginning to end. Their curiosity for their craft, the media and entertainment industry, and deep understanding of human behavior will be an infectious force within our GME group. Their thinking will drive tangible business results for our clients while shaping the human experience.
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Master of data, analytics, and uncovering the whys behind the numbers
- Creator of powerful insights and strategic advice using creative analytics
- Person who doesn’t just know of the media industry but follows the industry and thinks deeply about the future of media and entertainment
- Excellent communicator with a natural ability to make the complex simple
- Business minded, human-centered thought provoker
- Passionate collaborator
- Strong ideator
- Indispensable partner to teams and clients
- Bold and pragmatic thinker
- Excellent presenter
- Flawless executer from start to finish
- Kick-off meetings
- Questionnaire development
- Testing and fielding management
- Deep analysis
- Report development (collaborating with creative teams)
- Client presentations and consultation
- Impeccable perfectionist for deliverables that are memorable, tell a story, and demand deeper thought
- Enthusiastic mentor/mentee
- Next-level thinker beyond the immediate ask
- Consistent standard-bearer of ethical practices
- Positive force whatever the situation
- Someone who rises to meet challenges under pressure
- Ability to lead multiple, simultaneous, complicated global research projects, in a timely, efficient, and effective manner
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s preferred in social sciences or related fields
- 6 to 10 years of experience executing quantitative research engagements for clients with a range of data collection methods; B2C research required
- Expertise in media and/or entertainment
- Experience with common analysis software such as SPSS, Qualtrics, and/or Sawtooth is required
- Advanced analytics skills for business applications (segmentation, driver, consumer choice analytics, ideally also conjoint and max diff, etc.) helpful
- Experience in weighting data and data cleaning processes is required
- Experience managing analysts or associates is helpful
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes the world around us through better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement. Learn more about us at www.magid.com.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more. Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Next Step: Send resume to: email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.