The Director, Product Marketing and Client Strategy is the primary strategic business owner for our EmotionalDNA ® product line. She/he leads the work to define the use cases, features and delivery of the product as well as the product’s marketing strategy. He/she will interact with clients and our service and delivery team to define articulate in our materials how the product meets client prioritized needs and strategy. The Director of Client Strategy installs and oversees product management processes that follow industry best practices for understanding market requirements, introducing new products, and building product enhancement roadmaps that meet the needs of new and existing clients. He/ she will work collaboratively with our client service, consulting, and development teams.
The ideal candidate is equally comfortable with the big picture and the details, has a passion for education, and loves working with people across every aspect of a business.
The product management components of this role will require substantial strengths in the following areas to create winning strategies and plans for their assigned product(s):
Understanding of market conditions, trends, competitors, and existing solutions in the market
- Business acumen, analytical and problem-solving capacity
- Ability to influence and lead a wide variety of stakeholders (external customers and partners, internal groups that support product development and delivery)
- Passion for delivering value to customers and hence understanding market needs and helping to innovate
This position will lead cross-functional efforts that include Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Assessment Development. The successful candidate will manage across functional boundaries to define the go-to-market strategy, drive product positioning, and ensure marketing readiness for product releases.
This is a player coach role that may have one or more direct reports, it will be necessary to “roll up the sleeves” and perform work that might typically fall under the category of individual contributor. The successful candidate will have a track record of successfully managing through ambiguity and delivering results in a nimble, multi-tasking environment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Define & maintain product strategy and positioning based on market analysis & research
- Work with Development team to develop comprehensive roadmaps for new products and lead the development and execution of roadmaps for marketing programs
- Drive pricing, promotion, and development coordination for new and emerging products
- Conduct SWOT analysis of assigned products and competitive products
- Coordinate the generation, gathering, and monitoring of all estimates
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales and service, engineering, marketing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Review progress continually through product life cycle to ensure attainment of objectives
- Maintain communications and contact to collect and analyze financial, marketing, schedule, and sales information for product line
- Understand competitive pricing models and drive our pricing strategy based on competitive position and value proposition
- Manage P&Ls for each assigned product and/or market
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- Requires 7+ years of direct strategic marketing or product marketing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of product management practices & processes
- Primary ownership of a significant product / product family / product line required
- Cross-functional project leadership experience required
- People management experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of software development methods and processes
- Ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop, install, and evaluate new and revised methods, procedures, and performance standards to meet established goals and objectives
- Ability to be self-motivated towards the achievement of established goals
- Ability to monitor expenses and work within a defined budget
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both the client and internal staff members and to deal effectively with controversial problems
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing, evaluating, and devising solutions to problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, or administrative nature
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Ability to plan and prioritize projects and to manage them from conception to conclusion, including identifying and resolving problems to ensure project accuracy and timelines
Communication & Contacts Required
Represent the organizational unit as prime internal and external contact on contracts or operations. Conduct briefings for top management and customer representatives.
Magid is seeking someone who has a passion for driving business growth, by discovering and harnessing compelling consumer motivations through a variety of research methodologies in a fast-paced, team-driven culture. If you have a passion for becoming an indispensable partner to clients by striking the perfect balance between art and science, critical and courageous thinking and human understanding and business strategy, then you just might be our Director of Client Strategy.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, a 401k match and more. Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: email@example.com