Are you a connector who has a vast network in the gaming industry? Do you have a passion for strategic thinking to solve challenges in today’s rapidly evolving gaming space? Do you love the art and science that goes into client care and business development? And more than anything do you want to work on a team who’s true passion is video games? Yes we do research. Yes we do consulting. And we’ve even named games and made logos and created stunning trailers… but, do you love video games and want to provide a steady and impactful consumer voice on the production of new games?
If you answered yes to the above questions and have a love for understanding how consumer desires drive business outcomes, then you just might be our next Director of Business Development. Magid is looking for someone to play a key role working alongside business development leaders and consultants on our Gaming team to support client needs from pitch to deliverable.
You will bring experience in this space at all levels, contacts, friends, and knowledge that helps expand our team into different areas. You will gain experience across the full lifecycle of the client experience, you will be the tip of the spear in finding new opportunities and you will hold the team accountable to deadlines, deliverables and tracking in our CRM system, Salesforce.
The Director, Business Development’s work will include:
- Ideate client solutions with senior team to develop challenger pitches and proposals
- Assist leadership with delivering and presenting pitches and proposals to clients
- Lead and plan strategic business development efforts
- Provide ideas, strategies, and input to support business development efforts of the senior team
- Create reports to provide internal business development tracking
- Develop creative PowerPoint presentations that demonstrate our capabilities and strengths
- Act as consultant on multiphase client projects, including collecting secondary research and analyzing Magid consumer research to tell stories about market opportunities and challenges to advise clients at C-Suite level
- Gather and analyze primary or secondary research to help provide thought leadership to clients and identify key trends and insights for Magid business development efforts
- Become super-user of our internal project management software
- Support day-to-day project management responsibilities, including timelines and deliverables
- Advise peers and assist with ad hoc requests as appropriate
- Play as many games as possible and provide your insight to take our glorious medium to the next level
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Person who doesn’t just play video games but follows the industry and thinks deeply about the future of gaming and entertainment technology
- A connector with a deep network of contacts within the game industry
- Exceptional communicator with innate talents that include storytelling, marketing and client engagement
- Committed team player
- Operationally proactive self-starter who is naturally curious
- Flawless executer from start to finish with an impeccable attention to detail
- Innovative and provocative approach to solving problems
- Polished and able to interact with senior level clients
- Effortless collaborator
- Indispensable partner to internal teams
- Next-level thinker recognizing and executing items beyond the immediate request
- Tech and information architecture savvy with PowerPoint skills
- Positive force whatever the situation always willing to lend a hand
- Bachelor’s degree
- Contacts… or friends… across the videogame industry
- 4 to 8 years of post-undergrad work experience or more
- PowerPoint proficiency
- Excel Skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to ensure communications are compelling, timely, on brand, on strategy
- Outgoing, positive personality
- History of sales or client interaction
- Experience with business development in a sales/marketing environment
- Relative experience at another video game agency or research agency that works in games
- Previous experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Familiarity/experience with qualitative/quantitative research and consumer insights
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume, and a crafted write-up on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid. Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in the subject line.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Magid provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: email@example.com