Magid is seeking someone who has a passion for building new solutions aimed at delivering a comprehensive analytic product to our clients. If you have a passion for and understanding of the required balance between art and science, critical and courageous thinking, then you just might be our next Data Engineer for EmotionalDNA®.
This role will be essential in developing and maintaining our SaaS platform, while assisting Data Scientists and Consultants in their service of clients. This role is the glue between engineering and analysis, partnering with our analytics and consulting team to help develop a comprehensive web-based analytics product.
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Up-to-date on the latest technologies and data-related best practices
- Motivated self-starter and critical thinker; Data minded, human-centered, thought provoker
- Successful manager of time and project priorities to meet deadlines
- Committed team player, always thinking beyond the ask
- Positive force regardless the situation
- Implement data designs, configurations, and new technologies/architectures
- Bring creative solutions to the team for continual improvement of our products
- Create, test, optimize, and maintain data architectures for new and existing software applications
- Build and automate data pipelines using internal and external data sources
- Use software engineering best practices and create detailed documentation to maintain high work product standards and continuity
- Ownership of Build and Release CI/CD and a DevOps
- Troubleshoot issues and improve existing data systems where possible
- Obsess on developing intuitive, high performing Web applications and APIs
- Build innovative features that reach and delight users
- Identify bugs uncovered by testing or customer feedback and fix them
- Develop code-based data transformation in SQL databases and in connection to 3rd party datasets
- Develop back end infrastructure of the web app and maintain current functionality
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume and some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid.
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- BS/BA in Data Sciences/Computer Science/related field
- A solid foundation with end-to-end development but also the desire to further your technical knowledge.
- 3+ years of experience in database server technologies
- Python, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Airflow and Apache Cassandra experience required
- Experience in databases structured against survey data is a big plus
- Experience in AWS technologies/infrastructures are a plus (RDS/AWS Redshift)
Apply by emailing email@example.com and reference the job title in the subject line.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Magid provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org