Magid is disrupting the video entertainment space with our approach to building datasets that can provide unique value to the entertainment space. This informs our data gathering, analysis and analytical tool-building. Do you know how to use data to make a case? If so, we want you to be a part of our team. EmotionalDNA® discarded old assumptions about what market research can and cannot do, and now we’re providing data-driven guidance for the critical issues facing our clients. EmotionalDNA® is applicable whenever people care about what they consume–and that covers a lot of territory! Currently we have a heavy, but not exclusive concentration in entertainment, and we are building out other areas with high potential.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The Analyst’s work will include:
- Learning enough about EmotionalDNA® to make independent, creative contributions to analysis & tools
- Absorb the analytical and/or app development load from senior team members
- Designing and implementing newly identified capabilities for our apps
- Customizing and deploying our apps in new areas of study
- Contributing to our data pipeline architecture
- Supporting research projects and their analyses as needed
- Routine analytical requests
- Custom-requests that are one-off from standard computations
- Deploying reproducible reporting both for EmotionalDNA® and for other areas of Magid
- Working directly with senior research staff
- Is not into “mindless number crunching.” Every analysis needs to be thoughtful, and every analysis could potentially inform the direction of the EmotionalDNA® suite of capabilities and offerings
- Is involved in creating tools that enable researchers (internal and external)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI, Looker or Dundas
- You enjoy finding insights by combining subject matter expertise with quantitative insights.
- SQL experience (Minimum 1 year)
- Experience with a relational database such as MS SQL, Postgres, Snowflake, or MySQL
- Applied quantitative reporting/analysis with Python, SPSS, or R: 2 years
- Understanding of basic database query syntax
- Understanding of and comfort with basic statistics, regression techniques, etc.
- You want to take initiative and you want to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Nice to Haves (But not Required):
- Advanced statistics (Factor analysis, Cluster Analysis, etc.)
- Familiarity with Github
- Survey design
- Understanding of VBA and excel macros
- Entertainment research experience
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more.
Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: email@example.com