Magid is looking for a Consulting Associate to join our dynamic Media Strategy Group. You will be working in tandem with senior level consultants to provide strategic media advice to a variety of clients.
Our clients range from local news organizations and entertainment entities to local advertisers and foreign networks. In all cases, we approach each consulting engagement through a unique lens of more than 60 years of experience working with media properties.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to write copy on the fly, integrate and synthesize new data, analyze and observe digital content performance and offer tactical counsel, and present to C-suite leaders, executives and local business operators alike.
Along with exceptional execution of consulting and research engagements, the Consulting Associate becomes a highly valued partner to clients, providing the critical thinking, operational guidance and points of view to help guide client strategy.
The Consulting Associate will lead and manage project work with clients, and work alongside other senior consultants on more complex consulting engagements. The Consulting Associate must have the sophistication, client and operational expertise to oversee and execute client projects independently without supervision.
Education, Experience and Additional Requirements
- College degree in mass communications, journalism, broadcast, marketing, advertising, or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in broadcast, digital or cable media; professional experience in a local television newsroom a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Confident speaking with and presenting to high-level executives
- Innately curious
- Passionate about journalism
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, G Suite and basic nonlinear video editing software
- Can accommodate, and would enjoy, up to 25% travel
To Successfully Fill This Role
- Stay current on market developments. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Social media
- Mobile platforms
- Assess, define and clearly communicate client needs
- Ability to develop clear points of view supported by research findings, experience and rationale
- Build dynamic and creative presentations
- Be an innovative thinker and proactive player
- Remain calm and controlled when under pressure
- Effectively manage client requests in the absence of the consultant
- Additional duties may be assigned based on experience level, interests and ongoing projects
- Entrepreneurial and independent but also works well on a team of other consultants and more senior consultants/executives
- Works well under the guidance of senior leadership to manage client projects
- Depending on progress, may take lead over time on more complex projects with more advanced consultative requirements
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more. Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org