The Local Media Consultant is the primary contact and service leader for delivering best-in-class service to media clients, helping define and execute strategies for growth and innovation, increase audiences and improve client product and operations (TV, digital, print, audio). Along with exceptional execution of consulting engagements, the consultant becomes a highly valued partner to clients, providing the critical thinking, operational guidance and points of view to help guide client strategy.
The Consultant will lead and manage project work with clients, and work alongside and manage the overall service team that may include additional consultants, analysts, coaches, trainers and associates. The successful candidate must have the sophistication, client and operational expertise to oversee and execute client projects independently without supervision. This role will have a primary focus on multicultural media, including Spanish- and English-language clients, as well as helping all clients better implement and execute strategies that improve diversity in content and within operations.
The Consultant’s work will focus on executing local media consulting engagements, which may or may not include:
- Executing projects in their entirety including kick-off meeting, on-site consulting and operational guidance, report development, and presentations
- Managing clients through the engagement process, including on-site meetings, and ongoing proactive communications and updates
- Delivering thoughtful, concise and consistent feedback on news and local information content, including TV, digital, social, print and/or audio.
- Gathering and analyzing primary or secondary research to help provide thought leadership to clients
- Offering focused counsel on operational issues such as process mapping, resource allocation and workflow
- Developing PowerPoint slides to report findings and provide recommendations
- Managing Consulting Associates throughout project execution
- Providing input to support business development efforts of the senior team
- Advising peers and assisting with ad hoc requests as appropriate
- Reviewing and offering feedback on content in Spanish and English.
You should describe yourself as:
- Operational expert of local media
- Strong strategist
- Very confident and comfortable in articulating a point of view, managing on-site client meetings, and making in-person presentations
- Sophisticated and professional with composure necessary to interact with senior level clients
- Strong writer and communicator
- Confident communicator in English and Spanish
- Creative self-starter who can accomplish tasks without guidance
- Conscientious operator with an acute attention to detail, but able to execute projects efficiently
- Accustomed to managing heavy workloads and multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Able to create powerful PowerPoint deliverables using data visualization, headlines, and stories
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Entrepreneurial and independent but also works well on a team of other Consultants and more senior consultants/executives
- Works well under the guidance of senior leadership to manage client projects
- Depending on progress, may take lead over time on more complex projects with more advanced consultative requirements
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume and some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid.
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in social sciences, journalism, marketing, communications, media, or related field desired
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a local media company or as a consultant to local media clients; market research experience a plus
- Leadership experience within a local media organization, in roles such as vice president, news director, general manager, editor, executive producer or similar.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more.
Magid is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contact information: email@example.com