Magid is looking for a Consulting Strategist to join our dynamic Local Media, Brand Strategy and Innovation (BSI) team.
The BSI Strategist plays a key role working alongside senior consultants and as the primary service lead in delivering best-in-class consultation to local media clients focused on innovation, multiplatform strategy and execution, OTT/new product development, brand development, and marketing strategy and execution. As part of Magid’s Brand, Strategy and Innovation team, you will work with a multidisciplinary team to address our clients’ challenges and opportunities related to innovation and new product development, multiplatform strategy and execution, and brand and marketing strategy and execution.
Along with exceptional execution of strategic engagements, the Strategist becomes a highly valued partner to the BSI team and its clients, providing the critical thinking, operational guidance, and points of view to help guide client strategy.
The Strategist will lead and manage project work with clients, and work alongside Director, VP, EVPs or other senior consultants on more complex consulting engagements. He/she must have the sophistication, client, and operational expertise to oversee and execute client projects independently without supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The Client Strategist’s work will focus on executing strategic research and consulting engagements, which may or may not include:
- Supporting day-to-day project management responsibilities including timelines and deliverables
- Executing projects in their entirety including kick-off meeting, on-site consulting and operational guidance, report development, and presentations
- Managing clients through the engagement process, including on-site meetings, and ongoing proactive communications and updates
- Gathering and analyzing primary or secondary research to help provide thought leadership to clients
- Reviewing multiplatform content and/or marketing executions to offer focused and actionable feedback on an ongoing basis
- Developing creative PowerPoint presentations to report findings and provide recommendations
- Collaborating with senior consultants to execute more complex projects and/or develop strategic recommendations for clients
- Providing input to support business development efforts of the senior team
- Advising peers and assisting with ad hoc requests as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in social sciences, marketing, communications, media, or related field desired
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience, ideally at a local media company, digital media company, marketing/advertising agency, or in a market research role
- Market research/data analysis experience a plus
- Experience creating and/or managing digital and social content, including Facebook, Instagram, websites, apps, OTT/streaming, etc.
- Travel requirements for this role pre-Covid were 50-75% with minimal notice; current requirements are primarily virtual with some travel expected as organizations return to offices
- Operational knowledge of media businesses, with a particular focus on digital, strategy and/or brand/marketing, but with the ‘big picture’ thinking of a strategist
- Very confident and comfortable in articulating a point of view, managing on-site client meetings, and making in-person presentations
- Sophistication and professional composure necessary to interact with senior level clients
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Creative self-starter who can accomplish tasks without guidance
- Conscientious operator with an acute attention to detail, but able to execute projects efficiently
- Accustomed to managing heavy workloads and multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Ability to create powerful PowerPoint deliverables using data visualization, headlines, and stories
- Curious about data; ability to make independent, creative contributions to analysis that answer client questions, drive recommendations, and support key POVs across the organization
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Entrepreneurial and independent but also works well on a team of other Consultants and more senior consultants/executives
- Works well under the guidance of senior leadership to manage client projects
- Depending on progress, may take lead over time on more complex projects with more advanced consultative requirements
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in the subject line.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Magid provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.