Magid is looking for a well-rounded and well-respected expert to lead our research center of excellence.
This person will serve as the organization’s primary research expert, an organizational thought-leader and external spokesperson who will champion Magid’s work, approach, and our deep understanding of human behavior and how it impacts business decisions. The CRO will partner with Magid industry GM’s and marketing team on competitively positioning Magid in the marketplace and on GTM strategy. This person will also work closely with key leaders in our quant and qual research disciplines across verticals (Global Media & Entertainment, Retail, Travel, Hospitality & Leisure, CPG and Local Media) and help shape/inform research methods, activities and end-product/deliverables including technology-based solutions like digital dashboards. This role will be responsible for helping to manage analyst allocation either directly or through a staff member and work with division leads to determine overall analyst capacity and capacity requirements to support business growth. This person will functionally create and lead our Research Center of Excellence. The right person for this role will have experience inspiring people to action vs. forcing outcomes through a “top-down” approach and will be expected to be a positive force in Magid culture.
This person will be a master at analyzing data, applying it to business challenges and crafting a story and action plan from it so that he/she can ensure that these skills are present across the organization. He/she will be responsible for making sure that the quality of thinking in end-client deliverables is world class. The CRO will be expected to be at the forefront of emerging research methodologies, help to define Magid best practices and maintain these best practices & standards at Magid.
This person will be a key leader at Magid and will report directly to the CEO.
This person should exhibit these traits:
- Functional Expertise
- Research expert in Quant and Qual methods
- Impeccable eye for deliverables that are memorable, tell a story, demand deeper thinking and tie to business outcomes
- Commercial orientation with an innate ability to sell the value of research not simply a specific set of methodologies
- Executive/boardroom presence
- Ability to influence individuals, groups, and clients
- Ability to lead through inspiration vs. traditional direct reporting structures
- Proven ability to identify, recommend the hiring of and develop top people
- Excellent communicator / Persuasive
- Indispensable partner to internal teams
- Ensure unquestioned excellence and integrity of Magid work product
- Personal Characteristics
- Natural leader
- Effortless collaborator
- Curious and creative
- Self-motived, Self-directed & Self-sufficient
- Self-starter with exceptional personal accountability
- Positive force whatever the situation
- Open to new ideas and different ways of thinking
- Approachable and knows how to have fun
- Team player
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, this person’s resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Extensive experience building and leading research organizations in a collaborative manner.
- Deep business expertise from a variety of industries
- Deep expertise in an appropriate research-focused discipline and research methodologies with experience in general research, analysis, interpretation, and reporting
- Excellent track record in hiring, developing and promoting world class research talent
- Demonstrated success delighting clients while optimizing the size and composition of research teams
- Significant experience in developing and deploying a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies for collecting data and analytic techniques for developing meaningful and actionable interpretations of research data to apply directly to business challenges
- Advanced analytics skills for business applications (segmentation, driver, consumer choice analytics, etc.)
- Advanced degree and/or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume and some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid. Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in the subject line.
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. For 6 decades, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
Magid provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: email@example.com