Job Title: Consulting Associate
Office Location: Iowa
Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. is looking for a consulting associate to join our dynamic Media Strategy Group. You will be working in tandem with senior level consultants to provide strategic media advice to a variety of clients.
Our clients range from local news organizations and entertainment entities to local advertisers and foreign networks. In all cases, we approach each consulting engagement through a unique lens of more than 57 years of experience working with media properties.
If you are a highly motivated individual who likes local news, business strategy and working with people, we would like to meet you.
- Keep current on market developments. This includes, but is not limited to, the television, Web, social media and mobile platforms.
- Have strong analytical and writing skills in assessing and communicating client needs.
- Be able to multi-task and deal with multiple Magid consultants and projects.
- Be proficient at building dynamic and creative Power Point presentations that address client training needs.
- Proactively seek out project opportunities from busy traveling consultants.
- Have good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be able to attain necessary nonlinear editing skills.
- Be able to deal with client requests in the absence of the consultant.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree in mass communications, journalism, broadcast, marketing, advertising, or related field.
- 2 years experience working in the broadcast, digital or cable media.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word and video editing software.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to develop clear points of view in writing, supported by findings and rationale.
- Very confident and comfortable speaking with high level executives and making in-person presentations.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. (www.magid.com) is a leader in research-based consultation with over fifty years of experience in the media, entertainment and communications industries. We combine rigorous quantitative and qualitative research methods with high level strategic perspective to provide applicable recommendations for solving critical business issues. Our people demonstrate extensive research, operational, programming and marketing, strategic and investment experience across a multitude of industries.
Our clients include a variety of Fortune 500 companies and leaders in their respective industries including Google, The Walt Disney Company, ABC, Comcast, Verizon Wireless, Electronic Arts, Best Buy, Metlife, Dr. Pepper, Sony, General Mills, Microsoft and numerous others. Our 300 experienced professionals and operations staff serve clients around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Marion (Cedar Rapids, Iowa), Dallas, and Atlanta.Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com