Magid is seeking a passionate Qualitative Analyst that has relentless curiosity, is a critical and courageous thinker, a first-class moderator, possesses strong analytical skills, and is an excellent writer and communicator. The Qualitative Analyst moderates and conducts a variety of qualitative methods (specifically focus groups, one-on-ones, and ethnographies) with a wide range of consumers in a fast-paced, team-driven culture. He/she analyzes and synthesizes the findings to ultimately provide clients with actionable insights to address critical business issues. Along with exceptional execution of research projects, the qualitative analyst becomes a highly valued partner to clients, providing the critical thinking and points of view to help guide client strategy. This role will focus on our CPG and retail clients.
The Qualitative Analyst will moderate, lead, and manage multiple aspects of an assigned qualitative project including screener development, guide design, moderation, analysis, reporting, recommendations, and client presentation. The role is essential in helping to serve our top clients who are industry leaders and bring insights to life. He/she must have the sophistication, client skills, management skills, and advanced research skills to oversee and execute large scale and/or complex client projects independently without supervision.
You should describe yourself as a(n):
- Master of qualitative insights – Experienced and skilled moderator (please evidence this experience, skill, and any relevant training)
- Creator of powerful insights and strategic advice through thoughtful qualitative design
- Excellent communicator
- Business minded, human-centered thought provoker
- Passionate collaborator
- Strong ideator
- Indispensable partner to teams and clients
- Impeccable perfectionist for deliverables that are memorable, tell a story, and demand deeper thought
- Excellent presenter
- Highly organized
- Ability to provide consultative guidance based on client’s business objectives beyond the data analysis
- Sophistication and professional composure necessary to interact with senior level clients
- Ability to react and improvise quickly as is necessary in consumer-based qualitative research
- Leader who can oversee large, complex projects
In this role you will be:
- Moderating in-person focus groups, one-on-ones, ethnographies, shop-alongs, intercepts, etc.
- Moderating online communities, online focus groups (text or web-cam), online interviews, etc.
- Conducting phone interviews with consumers
- Executing projects in their entirety including client kick-off meeting, screener development, discussion guide design and development, moderation of in-field qualitative method, analysis, report development, recommendations, and client presentation
- Assist in managing clients through the research process, including proactive communications and updates
- Developing research deliverables, including analysis of qualitative consumer input (focus group discussions, ethnographies, interviews, etc.) and development of client recommendations that address business implications
- Provide valuable point of view and consultative guidance to clients beyond just the research analysis
- Providing research design input and consultation to support business development efforts of the senior team
If you see yourself in the above description – or want to see yourself there – please send us your resume and some thoughts on why you’re the right fit for the role and Magid.
And for the sake of being up front about our expectations, your resume should hit a few bullet points:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience executing qualitative research engagements for clients or on the client side
- Moderation of multiple methodologies, with extensive experience moderating focus groups
- Experience in CPG and/or Retail qualitative research
- College bachelor’s degree required; degree in social sciences, marketing, communications or related field desired
- Advanced degree in social sciences or related field a plus (MA, MS, PhD)
Ability to travel (45-60%) and with minimal notice
Magid lives in the cross-section of human behavior and business strategy, delivering courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged with Magid for bold ideas that have helped achieve innovation and success. We are passionately curious and driven by our pursuit to improve the human experience with every engagement.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more. Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact information: email@example.com